Are you a gamer? Or do you love games? If yes, then you must surely love to record your gaming videos or either watching the ones already uploaded on the internet. It is quite obvious these days, that gamers enjoy recording and posting videos of their game actions on various social media platforms such as YouTube or Dailymotion, etc. This is a great way to reveal their gaming strategies. This way even proves a better way to gain fame and popularity amongst the other gamers throughout the globe.
And now, guess what, modern technologies have now made it possible for a gamer to broadcast the recorded video in real-time. All you have to do is to get a freeware tool. One such amazing freeware tool is the OBS studio. This tool gives you complete access to broadcast live game actions that too, in a group of audiences, not known to you.
It is quite obvious that each of the software comes with a minute bug if it is working with several different architecture types of machinery. If we talk about OBS, then the most commonly faced issue is the dark screen or I should say, a black window issue in between various capture events. Many of the users have already complained regarding the issue of the black screen but somehow, the issue is not yet resolved by the developers.
Obviously, there might be many tech geeks who must have already posted regarding this matter, but I assure you, everything mentioned here, is certainly, useful to you, as all these are completely based on several types of research and these are tested as well. Thus, I suggest you go through all of these at least once and then choose the right one to fix your OBS Game Capture.
OBS Game Capture Black Screen Error can be resolved by the steps listed below, I personally recommend you to try these once.
Steps To Solve Obs Game Capture Showing Black Window
#1. Run with Administrator Privilege
If there is a lack of administrative privilege, the OBS Game capture might show a black window. Somehow, by default, there is no access to the administrator in this tool, thus, a few of its features are unable to work. But no worries here is a step by step guide to resolve this issue. All you have to do is to follow these steps.
- STEP 1: – On the desktop, you will see the OBS icon. First of all, right-click on the icon.
- STEP 2:- Now, the next you have to do, is to choose properties.
- STEP 3:- Now, here, several menus are displayed, thus, you’ll be seeing all of those. All you have to do is to click on the compatibility menu.
- STEP 4:- And here it is, now you’ll see an option, stating to “Run this program as an administrator”. Now, for this option, do make sure to have a tick done. When done, press OK.
#2. Run Both OBS and Game using dedicated Video Card
So, if you already have a dedicated graphics card installed on your devices, then this fix will work for you. Somehow, by default, the particular game you are playing will work on the graphics card, while the OBS will run either by using the built-in graphics or without the card support. Thus, due to this, two graphics hardware are used at a time which leads to the conflicts between the hardware resulting in the black window in the OBS Game capture. This implies that you have to choose your graphics card, keeping in mind, that you have to run both, the OBS as well as the game. So, here are the steps to add OBS to the Nvidia list. After this, each time, you’ll launch OBS, it will use dedicated graphics memory.
- STEP 1:- Open the control panel of Nvidia, then choose the program settings.
- STEP 2:- Now, all the installed software and games will be displayed here. Under the option, “Select a program to customize”, choose OBS.
- STEP 3:- Now, under the program, “Select the preferred graphics processor” you have to choose the Nvidia processor.
- STEP 4:- Now, all you have to do is to click on the APPLY then, launch your game and use OBS Game capture and that’s it.
If you’re a gamer, then surely, one of your hobbies must be recording and broadcasting your gaming videos. Imagine, broadcasting your gaming videos, live. For this, OBS is the perfect platform for you. But if you too are facing the issue of a black window in the OBS Game Capture, then the above-mentioned ways can be used. Both the methods, mentioned above are proved to be working yet useful. Thus, if one of these isn’t working then you must try the next.